Mona Visitors Centre UWI Kingston

Travelling around Jamaica


The children from Uplands Junior School, Wolverhampton, are looking forward to linking with children from Cacoon School in Hanover, Jamaica. Mrs Ward, Head Teacher from Uplands Junior School arranged for Laura to travel to Cacoon with me wearing a smart Uplands uniform!


Mrs Carol Grant invites Laura to stay and be cared for at Cacoon School in Hanover Jamaica.



Lots of love for Laura !


I also got to meet the children at Buckingham All Age School in St James, and was warmly welcomed by Marcia Findlater, the Head Teacher. They will be linking with St Michaels School in Wolverhampton.




On another day Natalie and I went North from Kingston to Guys Hill School to discuss a literacy project we are hoping to link up with them on and drove through Bog Walk and even got to drive past Linstead Market!






Guys Hill School       

 

I was honoured to meet and interview Philmore Millman Alveraga O.D. who was one of the Rastas who went to Ethiopia to meet HIM Haile Selassie. Yes, his middle name is Millman!


 

I even got to see the Pantomime "Blinga Linga" at the Little Theatre! However I didn't understand that much, even with Marsha translating for me, but it was great fun and very colourful!